Asian Professional Security Association (APSA) Malaysia was formed in 1998. Since its inception, APSA Malaysia has embarked on a number of developmental programs and activities aimed at accentuating knowledge and in invigorating the quest for professionalism in Malaysian security industry such as conferences, seminars, dialogues, tea-talks and study/working visits.
APSA Malaysia members consist of security professionals, security consultants as well as security equipment suppliers who joined APSA Malaysia with the aim to enhance their knowledge and understanding in the constant changes of security issues and solutions. The inclusion of highly professional people has created a positive impact and help built a strong foundation for APSA future commitment in the security agenda.
APSA Malaysia currently is the International Headquarters of APSA and pledges to further strengthen the splendid co-operation and symbiotic relationship amongst APSA country chapters to elevate APSA to greater success for the advancement and progress of Asian security profession and industry.
- To establish, promote and encourage the science and professional practice of security and safety.
- To establish, foster and encourage ethical and professional standards of work and conduct for members of the profession.
- To provide and promote means of maintaining a centralised and recognised representative body of safety and security profession and to collect, collate, co-ordinate and disseminate data, information, ideas, knowledge, methods and techniques for the benefit and improvement of APSA members and the profession.
- To promote and enhance the status of individuals and members by providing a center of communications and interactions between all members of the profession, thus making it possible for the exchange and propagation of ideas, knowledge, information and experience, in matters of common interest and mutual concern.
The administration of APSA Malaysia is entrusted to an Executive Committee elected at each alternate Annual General Meeting. APSA Malaysia Executive Committee for year 2004/2006 was elected during the 4th APSA Malaysia AGM on 29 September 2004.
Plans, Programs & Activities
- Malaysia Certified Security Personnel (MCSP) Program – Recognition awards to qualified APSA Malaysia members
- Specialised training courses for security and safety managers – Certificate courses specially tailored for security and safety managers
- Seminars and Tea Talks – Detailed discussions and interaction on key security issues and points
- APSA International Conference – Participation in the annual APSA International Conference
- APSA Magazine – An important media correlating Malaysian security industry with Asia and rest of the world fraternities.